The Camp Nurse (RN/LPN) will coordinate with the Jill’s House Medical Team to ensure that Jill’s House Blue Ridge Camp is a safe and healthy environment. The Camp RN/LPN will anticipate medical or nursing care problems and provide solutions with confidence relating to the care for children with disabilities. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administering medication the children staying at camp, attending to injuries, handling all medical emergencies and managing g-tube feedings. Under the guidance of our Medical Director, the nurse on-duty is the go-to person for any medical need.
- Assisting with the preparation of the medical files, including check-in and MARS, as needed.
- Collecting and securing from parent and/or legal guardian all appropriate medications and approved medical devices along with distribution / use approvals for each child staying at camp.
- Managing the storage and distribution of actual medication in accordance with Jill’s House policies and procedures and accompanying approval documents.
- Attending Jill’s House staff meetings, assisting in the staff training regarding the medical care of children and attending all training necessary to maintain professional certifications.
- Minimum years of relevant experience: A Baccalaureate Degree and 1 year or more of pediatric nursing experience preferred.
- Education: A graduate degree from an accredited school of nursing with a current, active and unrestricted nursing license in the state of Virginia or state with compact reciprocity.
- Has a lifestyle of walking with Christ that can serve as an example to all who comes into contact with Jill’s House.
Has demonstrated alignment with the foundation, vision, mission and values of Jill’s House.