Do you feel a call from God to work with children with special needs in a camp setting and to love them as Christ does? Jill’s House shows Jesus’ love to children with special needs by providing weekend respite camps across the country. We are currently hiring (part time, weekend only) in the following greater metropolitan areas:
- Seattle, Washington
- Los Angeles, California
- Phoenix, Arizona
- Austin, Texas
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Washington, DC
We are looking to grow our Nurse staff with great people to work weekends ensuring camp is a safe and healthy environment. The Camp Nurse (RN/LPN) joins us from Friday to Sunday and will anticipate medical or nursing care problems and provide solutions with confidence relating to the care for children with disabilities. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Administering medication to the children staying at camp, attending to injuries, handling all medical emergencies and managing g-tube feedings. Under the guidance of our Nursing Manager.
- Assisting with the preparation of the medical files, including check-in and MARS, as needed.
- Collecting and securing from parent and/or legal guardian all appropriate medications and approved medical devices along with distribution / use approvals for each child staying at camp.
- Managing the storage and distribution of actual medication in accordance with Jill’s House policies and procedures and accompanying approval documents.
- Attending Jill’s House staff meetings, assisting in the staff training regarding the medical care of children and attending all training necessary to maintain professional certifications.
- Minimum years of relevant experience: An active and unrestricted nursing license in the state of Virginia or state with compact reciprocity
- 1 year or more of pediatric nursing experience preferred.
- Education: A bachelor or Associates degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Has a lifestyle of walking with Christ that can serve as an example to all who comes into contact with Jill’s House. Has demonstrated alignment with the foundation, vision, mission and values of Jill’s House.
Although we do not run every weekend, there are many weekends throughout the year available for you to join us (frequency varies). During our weekend you will come along our Client Care Specialist team to be sure our campers are having fun. You will assist our Campers in activities such as hiking, low ropes courses, swimming, craft time and even S’mores! The position requires patience, good oral and written communication skills, great team skills, willingness to learn and grow, passion for working with children, physical strength and stamina to participate in camp activities.
Please send a resume, a cover letter, and the following 5 questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “JH Camp”, including the city and state you are interested in serving at in the subject line
The goal of Jill’s House is to share Jesus’ love with children with special needs and their families through professional excellence.
1) What about this position excites you? Why do you want to do this?
2) What has Jesus’ love meant to you?
3) Briefly explain your experience with children (with or without special needs).
4) If we asked one of your managers about you, how would they describe your professional excellence in your previous jobs?
5) Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you as we review your qualifications?
God is writing an amazing story at Jill’s House; perhaps Jill’s House is supposed to be the next chapter of YOUR story as well. Learn more about our organization on our website at www.JillsHouse.org or check out this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0khstbLiEMo) to learn more about our mission.