Jill's House serves over 500 families raising children with special needs, including many military families. While all Jill's House families experience intense stress, those dedicated to serving our country encounter added complications like deployments and frequent moves. "I've been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan 10 times. Jill's House gives us that moment to simply slow down," shared Pat Work, father to Jill's House guest JP.
The direct care cost alone to serve a child at Jill's House is $200 per night including food, activities, nurses and specially-trained childcare staff . While Jill's House keeps the family's portion to a minimum—as little as $3 per hour - sponsors cover the balance of $125. When you sponsor a child's stay at Jill's House on a monthly basis you give a recurring gift of Jill's House to families like the Works, keeping their marriages together, restoring their family and giving them a moment to just breathe.
Specifically, your recurring gift of $125 gives one child with special needs:
- a fun place to make crafts, visit with animals or swim
- slumber parties and birthday parties with friends
- a nurse to safely deliver complex medical care
- individualized nutritious meals and
- the loving care of a highly trained child care specialist
You give the child's family
- time to reconnect with each other, to renew their marriage and to spend time with their other children
- peace of mind, knowing their child is well cared for and
- desperately needed relief and renewal to be the best parents they can be to their special children
By sponsoring a child for a night, you help these amazing families breathe easy for a night by providing safe, overnight care for their children. Please sponsor a child today.
“Jill's House is like a girls night out, which is extra special for these little ones who are often isolated socially. It's a safe and exciting destination for the girls.” —Sheryl Warne
Download the Sponsor a Child For A Night brochure
Yes, I want to sponsor a child:
To mail your contribution, please send to: PO Box 9104 McLean, VA 22012