At Jill’s House Weekend Adventures, we run camping weekends for youth (ages 6 to 17) with mental disabilities – all staffed with Client Care Specialists, Local Program Supervisors, and Nurses. The opportunity we provide is for you to be a “buddy missionary” for one particular child for the weekend. The buddies help the campers enjoy all the camping activities that we take for granted – like swimming, hiking, rope swings, hayrides, s’mores, campfires, movie time, zip lines… and so much more.
And while you celebrate these special children, you’ll be providing their families with the gift of rest – and ultimately, through relationships built with these families, these families are led to receive the true rest only Jesus provides.
Jill’s House Weekend Adventures are:
- plug and play – we arrange the meals, prepare the accommodations, plan the schedules, create the activities, and prepare the devotions
- short term – Friday night (about 5:00) to Sunday afternoon (about 1:00)
- out of the comfort zone, but in Jesus’ steps – all done in a fun camp setting
- all-inclusive – all meals and accommodations are provided
- close to home – probably within a few hours of your church, though you’re welcome to choose a more distant location and make a long-distance mission trip out of it
We welcome groups or individuals, ages 16 and older. We provide all the training you’ll need, and our staff are with you every step of the way, so no special needs experience is required. All you need is a heart to serve these wonderful kids and show the love of Christ!
Put simply—we focus on the details so that you can focus on the campers!
Volunteering at a Weekend Adventure is an incredible way to make a big impact on these families and the lives of your own team in just one weekend!
This trip allows your team to learn to love, serve and connect with children with special needs. It will take you outside of your comfort zone and grow your team in their relationships with each other and with Jesus. Daily devotions and prayer keep the focus on Christ as you spend the day doing fun activities with your “buddies”.
This is an awesome way to grow your team members, as they volunteer to do something uncomfortable… in a very comfortable way!