Does your family need respite?
Get the conversation started by answering a few short questions about your child’s interests and diagnoses. An Intake Manager will contact you shortly to discuss whether your child is a candidate for one of our programs at Jill’s House.
For more information scroll down to our FAQ’s section or click on Learn More button. If you are ready to begin the intake process please click on the Start Here button:
Jill’s House is a Christian Nonprofit organization that provides families raising kids with intellectual disabilities, ages 6 through 17, with short-term overnight respite care in the DC metro area and, through our weekend adventures program, around the country. Families enjoy rest, renewal, and relationships, while their child with intellectual disabilities enjoys a time of adventure.
The Frequently Asked Questions featured here provides additional information. Click on any topic you wish to learn more about. If you are ready to begin the intake process click on the Start Here button below:
Is my child or teen eligible to attend Jill’s House?
- We serve individuals ages 6-18 or 6-22 depending on program of interest.
- The child must be medically stable and have a diagnosed intellectual disability.
- The child should not require the use of restraints such as a bus harness or arm restraints for self-injury, use of a helmet, overnight support or monitoring, or 1:1 nursing care.
- The family must live within 50 miles of Jill’s House.
What is the intake process for the Jill’s House?
- Inquiry Form
Interested families must submit an Inquiry Form, found on the Jill’s House website under the Programs tab to initiate the Intake Process.
- Intake Call
The Intake Manager will then schedule a phone call with the interested family to gather more information about their child.
- Round 1 Paperwork
After the initial intake phone call, the family receives an email that details how to access their Jill’s House portal and the forms needed to be submitted for services and eligibility review.
- Initial Eligibility Review
If the received Round 1 Paperwork confirms eligibility, the family is then notified that their child is eligible for services and next steps in the process can be pursued.
- Round 2 Paperwork
An Intake Manager sends the family their Round 2 Paperwork, which includes a request for detailed medical paperwork and completion of program consent forms.
- Meet & Greet
Medical Review and Approval takes place by the medical team. Following medical review and approval, the Intake Manager will contact the family and schedule a time to tour Jill’s House with their child and Intake Manager. More information is gathered, a ratio is confirmed and in-depth details of needed supports are verified.
- Program Approval
Following the Meet and Greet, the Intake Manager presents all information to the broader team and management. Acceptance to the program is confirmed and families are notified of enrollment.
What does it cost to attend Jill’s House?
- For kids who do not have a Medicaid Waiver, Private Pay is based on a sliding scale.
- CL/FIS Virginia Medicaid Waiver accepted
- CCC+ Waiver accepted
What is your Weekend Program?
- Supports kids ages 6-18 (kids age out at age 18)
- Program runs Friday evening- Sunday late afternoon.
- Transportation is not provided.
What is Weekend Adventures?
- Supports campers ages 6-18 (kids age out at age 18.)
- Year-round camps Friday evening-Sunday afternoon.
- Campers have the opportunity to engage in a weekend adventure through many different activities such as archery, hiking, hayrides, low ropes courses, s’mores, ziplining, and so much more!
- Transportation not provided.
What are your Day Camps?
- Day Camps operate from 8 am-3:30 p.m., Monday – Friday over Spring and Summer Breaks.
- Day Camps are offered to our currently scheduling kids who participate in either the weekend or school night program.
- Day Program Only is not an option.
What is your Weeknight School Night Program?
- Supports kids ages 6-22 (time of graduation)
- One-night stays that are offered Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights
- Transportation is provided to select partnership schools. Kids are picked up from school, transported to Jill’s House for one-night stay, and then transported back to school in the morning.
- Self-transport is offered for kids who do not attend one of the designated partnership schools.
Do you offer tours of your facility?
Tours are typically conducted at the time of a Meet and Greet. However, if a tour could potentially assist you in making a decision about applying for your child, please contact a member of our team and we would be happy to arrange and accommodate.
Who do I contact with questions about the Intake Process?
If you questions regarding our Intake Process please contact our Intake Director:
Intake Director | Jill’s House
Who do I contact with questions about Eligibility?
If you have questions regarding the Eligibility Parameters please contact:
Intake Manager | Jill’s House
Who do I contact with General Questions?
If you have General Questions please contact:
Intake Manager | Jill’s House
Are you a current Jill’s House family? Our Welligent portal allows you to to request visit days. To log in to our Welligent Portal click on the link below.