To begin the intake process, please fill out our Inquiry Form.
Eligibility and Weekend Adventures
At Jill’s House Weekend Adventures (JHWA), our desire is to provide an excellent camp experience for kids with intellectual disabilities, ages 6-17. In order to accomplish this goal, we need to ensure that we can safely provide the level of care needed for every camper.
Health Condition Details
In order to ensure the safest weekend possible environment for all our campers, staff, and volunteers in addition to providing peace of mind for the families of our campers (so they can truly enjoy their respite!), JHWA cannot adequately support campers with the following health and behavioral conditions. This is not an exhaustive list, each child will be thoroughly evaluated through the intake process to determine eligibility.
- Diabetes – JHWA cannot accommodate 24-hour monitoring
- Trach or ventilator dependent campers
- G-tube/J-tube/NG tube for liquid diet feeding or medications
- Any form of urinary catheter
- Any form of Ostomies for bowel elimination
- Any type of port requiring access or care
- Individuals requiring transfers with a Hoyer lift
- Children with a history of tonic clonic seizures must be seizure free for one year.(Campers with a a seizure disorder accepted on a case by case basis, depending on seizure type, frequency, and necessary treatment.)
- Physical aggression toward others while at camp.
- Property destruction or theft
- Verbal misconduct toward staff members, visitors, or other individuals.
- Sexualized behaviors, sexual language, or expression of inappropriate physical affection
- Exposure of private body parts.
- Threats to harm self, peers or staff
- Attempting to injure self or creating a dangerous situation for others
Food & Allergies
JHWA can accommodate all gluten free and dairy free dietary restrictions. If families prefer to send food from home, JHWA is able to accommodate that as well. We cannot guarantee campers with anaphylactic allergies will not experience a trigger while at camp.
For example, despite attempts to restrict our campers from bringing peanuts, we cannot guarantee that other individuals on the camp premises will not bring peanuts.